Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Standing in the Gap - July 2, 2013



Planned Parenthood - Bedford

"Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways..."
 ~Romans 3:15-16


Today was another day in front of the Planned Parenthood in Bedford.   It was a sunny, warm day and after last week’s constant parade of cars, I didn’t know what to expect; but prayed that God would move in hearts and minds.   There were several praying for us as well.  I am so blessed by those who partner with us in prayer.

I arrived just before Jillian and her children and we headed over to take our places in front of the abortion mill.  Jillian had her mic/amp unit today, so she was able to speak to the mothers without having to shout.

There were already 20-30 workers at the facility when we arrived and clients started arriving soon after.  Since most of the employees park up front, the clients pull around to the back and go in the back door.  It is frustrating to not be able to share the pre-abortion packets with them, but I know they heard Jillian today.
J

A father and son showed up, whom I had never met before, and shortly after Pastor Sanders and his crew showed up, so there were 12 of us there today.





An older woman pulled in and as she headed in to the building, I was informed that she is employed by Planned Parenthood to “protect” women from us.  I’m not really sure how that works, since we are just trying to give women information and share the gospel with them so that they will not make the terrible mistake of killing their babies and regretting it later.  We are there to offer the hope of Jesus, which is the same for all people.   I asked Linda, if she didn’t see the hypocrisy in “protecting” women from us, while taking them in to the person who would murder their babies and cause them harm?  She wouldn’t respond, but sat out front like she was doing some sacred work.  It was so disheartening.   Jillian was able to share the gospel with her at least three times today. 


Most cars pulled in quickly and we were not able to give them information. We offered information to them as they were pulling out, but none of them accepted that either. A woman walking by, asked us for information, so we gave her a pre-abortion pack to share with women she knows.

An SUV with two women pulled in and pulled around toward the back. They could see me and my sign about adoption. I called to them that I had information and that she didn't have to go inside. The driver stuck her middle finger out the window and kept it there while I asked them to reconsider. She finally rolled up the window. I'm not sure if the other woman got out because she drove around the back of the building and I couldn't see them any more.

Another car pulled up and a very pregnant woman got out. Jillian told her that she did not have to go in there, that there was help for her and her baby, but to no avail. This killing place supposedly only does abortions to 15 weeks, but she had to be way beyond that, so we don't know if they killed the child here or will send her to Marty's place on Shaker Blvd. where he performs late-term abortions. That is one of the other mills where we minister.

One woman who had gone in and come out by herself, talked to me as she was pulling out.  She said that the women inside were scared of us and we should find a better way.  I asked her how that was possible as I had offered information and to talk to anyone pulling in.  I explained they are afraid of us because of the lies told to them by Planned Parenthood and by their own guilt because there was no one outside doing anything but praying, offering information and quoting scripture.   She said she was “pro-life,” so I told her that she needed to be out here helping to protect women from the evils of the killing place. 

Jillian was sharing the disgusting things that Margaret Sanger said about blacks and Jews and a young guy in his twenties was pulling out with his girlfriend and said he agreed with that.  We couldn't believe he said that and it really riled up the black men standing with us pleading for babies lives.  It made me incredibly sad to know that people think this way.  It is another reminder of sin and how people degrade and dehumanize others, especially at an abortion mill. 

We were able to hand out tracts to several passing by as well as a few of the men had longer conversations and shared the gospel with a few people.  Several people honked and waved in support when driving by and a few people said they would be back to stand with us.  I don't know if that will happen, but they were informed about the truth of abortion.
 
Just before we leave each time one of the men leads a prayer over the abortion mill.  As we were leaving, Linda was putting away her chair in her car, which was parked right up against the fence in the front.  I asked her to please have compassion on the babies and their mothers, but she wouldn’t even make eye contact with me.  I pleaded with her to not take part in this evil.  She walked around the back of the building and we left.

I was struck by how many looked at our signs today, mine in particular about knowing 44 families ready to adopt a baby and offering help, and either completely ignored them or flipped me off or yelled at me.  These are the people who are “afraid of us.”  It was a sad day as I reflected on the joy I feel celebrating my precious niece’s birthday, while thinking about how many children will never have a birth-day because their mothers had them murdered today. :’(

Please continue to pray for all involved in the evil of abortion.  If you have had an abortion or participated in one, please know there is hope, healing and forgiveness for all who repent of their sins and believe in Jesus.

www.needGod.com

Standing in the gap,
Laura


Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;
Weep o’er the erring one, lift up the fallen,
Tell them of Jesus, the mighty to save.
  • Refrain:
    Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
    Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.

Though they are slighting Him, still He is waiting,
Waiting the penitent child to receive;
Plead with them earnestly, plead with them gently;
He will forgive if they only believe.
Down in the human heart, crushed by the tempter,
Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;
Touched by a loving heart, wakened by kindness,
Chords that were broken will vibrate once more.
Rescue the perishing, duty demands it;
Strength for thy labor the Lord will provide;
Back to the narrow way patiently win them;
Tell the poor wand’rer a Savior has died.

~Fanny Crosby

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a sign that tells women there is an option to adopt. If I were in a position to adopt I would do it in a hearbeat. Praying for you, for the women and for Linda. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Yes, we have signs saying, "I know 44 families that are ready to adopt your baby. We are here to help." We also have a signs that say, "We care about you and your baby and one by a precious 15-year-old girl that says, "15 Years ago I was an unplanned pregnancy. My mother chose life." We are truly there to help and always tell the women we offer no judgment of their situation, but we give them information and share the gospel with them.

      Thank you for praying for Linda. I know God can change her heart and thank you for your prayers for us. They are so needed and appreciated.

      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete