Thursday, June 20, 2013

Standing in the Gap - June 20, 2013

"Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter." ~Proverbs 24:11
 
Women’s Medical Center- Cleveland



I stopped in to Faith Wellness and Pregnancy Center (a ministry of Faith Baptist Church) today to talk to the director of the clinic before heading to the mill.  She wasn’t expecting me that early, but was going to be gathering brochures for us to use at the mills, since several CPC’s do not want to support what we are doing.    She wasn’t there due to a meeting and I ended up being a little later to the killing place than I intended.  When I arrived, Jillian, her daughter and Pastor Dale were already there.  Dale was talking to a city worker whose crew was working to beautify the neighborhood, including the abortion mill.
L  Jillian was visibly upset.  Here’s Jillian's account of what happened.


  • “Dale was talking to two ladies who were heading in to the killing place.  The lady who was coming for the abortion was getting in Dale's face and swearing as I was walking up to our tree where we stand. He motioned me to come over and I asked to talk to them. They listened as I said they would be making a mistake; but the abortion-minded mom went in as I continued to talk to her friend. Her friend said she understood what an abortion was as she has two children. I told her about a recent study showing that babies in the womb feel pain five times the amount as we do. I explained that they would be ripping off the child's arms and legs and that babies have been shown on an ultrasound to be sucking their thumbs and then trying to move away from the painful sucking instruments. I told her that if her friend was in a difficult situation I could house her, help her get to a pregnancy center, or adopt the baby myself. I gave her a packet of info and told her about my crisis pregnancy situation when I was nineteen. She walked into the building to meet her friend and I started to cry. Then, I began to weep uncontrollably and dropped to the ground. I cried and prayed aloud: "Lord, God, help this baby, please. Don't let my tears be in vain today. Please, God" Then, my daughter, Hannah, came beside me and held me as I cried. We cried together for about five minutes. Then Dale said the battle wasn't mine, but the Lord's and that I shouldn't stress it so much.”


A city service crew was working on the property as part of a city beautification effort.  When I pulled up Dale had the crew chief engaged asking him why they were beautifying the lot of an abortionist for free.  The man owns three Mercedes, so he can certainly pay for upkeep on his property.   The crew continued to do their work and a little later Jillian spoke to the crew chief.  He walked over and I said hello to him and introduced myself.  He told me his name is Ozell.  He told me he knows Jesus.  We spoke of repentance and faith in Christ alone.  He told me he is a member of Bethany Christian Church and said they have programs to try to help kids not end up at the abortion mills, he but seemed reluctant to tell women that they should not go in once they made the “choice.”   He invited me to service and I told him I may just show up some day. J
A white van pulled in and Dale recognized that they were here last week.  He said it is either her appointment for the abortion or for the follow-up after abortion.  We tried to speak to her and her companion but they wouldn’t talk to us.

More cars pulled in.  Each time we tried to speak with the moms and their companions.  We were able to give out pre-abortion packs to five people.  One of the men who drove his friend took the info.  He said he doesn’t agree with abortion but supports his friend.  How often we hear that.  We explained that the driver is as guilty of the abortion as is the driver of the get-away-car in a bank robbery. 

The abortionist pulled in driving one of his Mercedes and smiled and flipped us off as always.  Pray for Marty.  He must be so hardened to smile and laugh and kill babies.

Another woman who came back today said that she had the pre-abortion pack from last week, but that she was here to have the “procedure”... aka murder her child.  It was very sad that she was so matter-of-fact about it after having been given the information and knowing fetal development and that there were other options. 

The women that went in earlier, who had been swearing at Dale and talking with Jillian, came out for a smoke.  As they walked past us we asked them to talk to us and not go back in.  They stood by the car smoking and we kept pleading with them not to go back in.  We offered to find them help and told them of Faith Baptist Wellness and Pregnancy Center, which is about two miles from the mill. The pregnant woman said some things that were inaudible to us, but they basically laughed and smoked and eventually went back in. A man joined them.  As they were entering the building, Jillian called out to them one last time and the man smiled and did a little fist pump. 

An older woman from the neighborhood named Jamie was walking by and stopped to chat with us and was given a tract.  She said she doesn’t believe in abortion but, “People gonna do what they gonna do.”  Again, we hear that so often, but it doesn’t make it right and doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to stop them by sharing the truth of abortion and God’s word with them.   She seemed to want to take the "personally prolife but won’t tell others it’s wrong" approach, which is ludicrous.  You can’t say, “I don’t believe in murder, but I’m not going to tell someone else what to do.”   Please pray for her, as she has been recovering from illness and pray that she will repent and believe the gospel and come out and speak up
for the pre-born.

When I left today, twelve women had gone in to murder their babies, 8 black and 4 white.  

Please pray for those who killed their babies today.  They need to know Jesus and they need healing and forgiveness.   Please consider how you can be involved in rescuing women and children from physical and spiritual death.  

Joyfully serving,


Laura

  1. Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
    Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;
    Weep o’er the erring one, lift up the fallen,
    Tell them of Jesus, the mighty to save.
    • Refrain:
      Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
      Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.
  2. Though they are slighting Him, still He is waiting,
    Waiting the penitent child to receive;
    Plead with them earnestly, plead with them gently;
    He will forgive if they only believe.
  3. Down in the human heart, crushed by the tempter,
    Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;
    Touched by a loving heart, wakened by kindness,
    Chords that were broken will vibrate once more.
  4. Rescue the perishing, duty demands it;
    Strength for thy labor the Lord will provide;
    Back to the narrow way patiently win them;
    Tell the poor wand’rer a Savior has died.

    Refrain:
    Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
    Jesus is merciful, JESUS WILL SAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment