Thursday, June 20, 2013

Standing in the Gap - June 18, 2013





Today was my first time at an actual Planned Parenthood abortion mill located in Bedford. It is a behemoth and just gave me the chills. It’s surrounded by an iron fence and just looks ominous. 

 
 
 
 






I arrived and shortly thereafter Jillian and her children arrived.  We were parked across the street in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant.  Next to that is a gas station where a few city workers were getting in and out of a large truck.  They greeted me, so I took that as my cue to return the greeting with a million dollar tract wrapped around a 180 card for each of them.  They graciously accepted and thanked me. 

We went across the street to the PP and waited for people to arrive.  The first car that pulled in pulled to the back where it is difficult to reach out to them; so I went around the back and tried to speak to them.  Unfortunately I am just too slow,
not as young as I used to be; so they made it in.  Unbeknownst to me another car had pulled in next to them and I spoke to the man and gave him the information thinking they were the first car. 

One car with three people in it drove in to the parking lot and then turned around and left.
J

We were joined by several more abolitionists, twelve of us in all and continued to try to reach out to abortion-minded moms.  It was difficult to get information to any, but Jillian and Sanny (pronounced like Johnny) put on yellow vests and waved cars down at the drive way to try to give them info. 
 
 
 
 
 
They did succeed a few times.  One time Jillian handed the driver a packet while Sanny  dropped a tract through the open passenger window. 

While I was there, about ten women went in to the killing place.  Gospel tracts went out to several people passing by.  Before leaving, the group got together and prayed over the building that it would be shut down.  Please pray along with us.


Please consider getting involved in speaking up for the pre-born and rescuing their mothers from a terrible decision.   We are to care for widows and orphans in their distress.  I can't think of anything more distressing than being taken to slaughter.  If you think you can't do it, please pray and ask God to guide you.  There was a time I didn't think I would know what to say or do; but there are many who can guide you, and I always pray that God will give me the words He wants me to say.  

Joyful in Jesus,

Laura


Rescue the Perishing- Francis J. Crosby

  1. Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
    Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;
    Weep o’er the erring one, lift up the fallen,
    Tell them of Jesus, the mighty to save.
    • Refrain:
      Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
      Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.
  2. Though they are slighting Him, still He is waiting,
    Waiting the penitent child to receive;
    Plead with them earnestly, plead with them gently;
    He will forgive if they only believe.
  3. Down in the human heart, crushed by the tempter,
    Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;
    Touched by a loving heart, wakened by kindness,
    Chords that were broken will vibrate once more.
  4. Rescue the perishing, duty demands it;
    Strength for thy labor the Lord will provide;
    Back to the narrow way patiently win them;
    Tell the poor wand’rer a Savior has died.

    Refrain:
    Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
    Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.

No comments:

Post a Comment