Friday, June 7, 2013

Standing in the Gap - June 6, 2013

Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. ~Proverbs 24:11 ESV
It was a cold, rainy day for June; and due to heavier than usual traffic, I was running very late to the abortuary.  Jillian, her daughter and Pastor Dale were already there when I arrived and this is Jillian’s account of what happened before I arrived.

“When I arrived, Dale said there were already about 3-4 women in there and the abortionist was surprisingly early, as he was there before Dale.  He thinks maybe he was starting a partial birth abortion process.

Two women arrived with a male driver. They got out swearing and yelling before they even reached the sidewalk in front of the mill: "I don't even want to @#*&^ hear it from you"  "Go out and get a <bleeping> job" "Mind your <bleeping> business" she said as Dale tried to ask her "What did the baby do to deserve this?" Her friend (the lady who I talked to in the car) swore in our faces as she asked Dale and me "How many &%^$@! babies have we adopted?" Dale tried to change the subject every time to about the abortion and I said that my husband and I tried to adopt through the state and we waited 2 1/2 years with no child. She then said: "Why would this child want to sit in the system for its whole life?" "What kind of life was that?"  I told her that at least it would be better than being dead; that I knew plenty of foster kids in the system that I had gone to school with that were happy. Before I could even explain that a "private" adoption would be easier and the child wouldn't have to be in the system, she swore and went inside.  I eventually coaxed the driver of the two women to come out and talk. He didn't want to at first cause he said he had a really bad headache from a hangover and he was in his pajamas. I told him: "Oh, come on; it's in style to wear your pj's in public these days, I see people at Wal-Mart all the time."  So, he came over and I handed him the pre-abortion packet.  I asked him to take it to his friend.  He said he tried to talk her out of it for three days. He said they were from Akron. When I asked why he didn't just go to the mill there, he said the doctor there was a butcher of a doctor.  Really? You went from one butcher to the NEXT?!  Dale told him that this abortionist was just as bad, just didn't have any lawsuits, yet.  Dale told him how he has seen women in ambulances taken out. He didn't want to hear any more so went back to his car to lie down.

Another woman came in that I walked to the building. She raced faster than my umbrella could go over her and refused to listen or take materials. Dale reached the final woman of the day (outside of the workers), who had left two children in the car while she went inside for over an hour and a half.”

This is where I come in.  I arrived and shortly after more workers arrived.  Then more mothers who were about to kill their children.  Each time we would try to speak with them, but they wouldn’t listen or take the pre-abortion packets.

Jillian and Pastor Dale relayed the story to me that I recounted for you above.  The driver of the two women who were swearing was sitting in the car and it looked like he may have been reading the materials, so I tried to make eye contact with him and I prayed God would prick his conscience.  He kept looking over at me and nervously looking away.  Finally he laid his seat back.  

There was one car with a very small child in it and another person.  We couldn't make out if the other person was an adult or child, but they were there with one of the women who went in early and were still there when I left almost two hours later. 

A taxi pulled up to pick up a women from the abortuary, so Jillian walked over and paid the driver to give the women the information we had.  He said he would, but then he called her back over and gave her the info and money back saying that the ride had been cancelled.  Then he drove away.

Later the woman who had been swearing at Jillian and Pastor Dale came out of the building looking very “out of it.”  She had her head down trying to avoid us.  We tried to talk to her as we thought she may have been the one who aborted, but it wasn’t her it was the other friend who was still inside.  She got in the car with the man and they drove away.  They came back later very different.  We’re not sure if they were high or had been drinking, or both, but they were laughing it up.  They went and parked in another part of the parking lot, so Jillian walked down there and started sharing the God’s word with them.  I joined her and prayed for them.  They tried to roll up the window, but being smokers, that didn’t last long.  I know they heard what was being said because every once in a while I would hear the woman repeating what Jillian said and laughing.  It was so sad.  We prayed for them, but then it was time for us to leave. 

From the time the abortuary opened until we left at Noon, at least 10 women led their babies to slaughter.  It was a very discouraging day.   

One encouraging thing is that I was able to hand out tracts to people walking by.  They all accepted them and I watched as several of them read them as they were walking.   A lot of people driving by honked in support, including two police officers. 

As I was driving home, I was struck by the number of churches within a couple miles of the abortuary, yet there were only seven of us there.  I passed by three Baptist churches that I counted, along with numerous other denominations that were within a two minute drive of the abortuary.  I wonder how many are within a five mile area?  10 miles?  20 miles?  It must be hundreds.   Later today, I saw this post from Abolish Human Abortion, and I thought, "Sad and true." 








Please continue to pray and ask God how you can get involved.  Can you go to an abortuary in your neighborhood?  Some people drive great distances to minister.  If you can’t, can you contribute financially to help those of us who can?  We need materials for the pre-abortion packets we give to mothers as well as gospel tracts, signs, and baby items for baby blessing bags when women choose life.   If you are interesting in joining us in this ministry, please let us know.  We look forward to laboring with you.  The fields are white for harvest but the laborers truly are few.  Pray the Lord of the Harvest will send workers.

Joyfully serving,
Laura <3

No comments:

Post a Comment